- The approval of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine will be a watershed moment for the COVID-19 pandemic. There are currently 4 frontrunners (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and J&J) in Phase 3 trials. All eyes are on the vaccine trials and in this blog, we will outline positions placed on the public market and possible dislocations/opportunities.
- With the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a recent resurgance of interest in the DRACO (double-stranded RNA activated caspase oligomerizer) antiviral therapeutic approach. In this post, we reviewed the existing literature around DRACO and recognize its novelty; but are ultimately still skeptical of its pros and cons compared to existing efforts to develop and validate a vaccines and therapeutics.
- Enrique Henríquez was a Jesuit theologian who lived during the 16th century. Teaching Jesuit colleges in Cordova and Salamanca, his works and ideas had impact on future interpretations of Biblical passages including the divine right of kings. He is known for two notable works including the Theologiae Moralis Summa, which was censored by the Church.
- I get asked occasionally about my experience with the Thiel Fellowship (mostly about the interview process), so I decided to write a bit of background to help those applying to the program.
- A lot of retail investors have been asking themselves: is now the time to buy the dip on oil? Oil has been hit hard by the COVID-19 induced demand shock. I've been following oil's decline in the past year and have been speculating on an inevitable bottoming of oil.
- I've been interesteed in closed-end fund NAV arbitrage for some time. When the COVID-19 economic sudden stop hit, I knew these funds were particularly susceptible to its impact. In this blog post, I will discuss the impact of the 2020 crisis on CEFs and how the ETRACS series of leveraged ETNs went under along with several others.
- I recently came across an 18th century antiphonary, which is a liturgical choirbook, and decided to do a little digging to better understand its place history.